Helping Individuals Find Sobriety Since 1999
Billy T. Cattan Recovery Outreach (BTCRO) was founded in November, 1999 by a group of caring physicians, pastors, and local community leaders to provide faith-based counseling for recovering alcoholics, drug addicts, and their families. BTCRO attained non-profit 501(c) (3) status in January, 2001 and was registered as a faith-based organization by the then Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (TCADA), now Human and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
Billy T. Cattan Recovery Outreach does not want to be just
another treatment facility. We want to be known for transforming lives for the
better. To stand apart from the rest, we are committed to going the extra mile
for our clients creating a personalized treatment process that will make a real
difference in their recovery and their lives. From our 12 Step treatment
program to our highly qualified staff, we do not leave anything to chance when
it comes to your recovery journey. Your success is our success, which is why we
will do whatever necessary to ensure you get everything you need out of your
treatment process. We believe that addiction is a treatable chronic disease
and that every person has the means to not only experience sobriety, but to
build a life of recovery based on integrity, dignity, and self-respect with the
Our Ministry is named in loving memory of Billy Ty Cattan, who knew first-hand about the disease of addiction. Billy willingly entered a Phoenix, Arizona treatment facility in July 1989 to overcome this disease and the power it had over his life. After treatment, Billy leaned heavily on the Lord to keep him from slipping back into addiction. He also relied strongly on an accountability group comprised of other individuals in recovery. Billy loved God and he loved people. His Life reflected that Love. He gave generously of his time and talents to help others who struggled with addiction.
What Sets US Apart
At BTCRO, tradition meets innovation as we combine a
variety of treatment modalities to meet the needs of our clients. Treatment
protocols and clinical therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy dominate the
traditional side of our program, with the proven 12-step program serving as our
foundation for a long-term recovery path. Treatment options that have withstood
the test of time and shown great value in helping those struggling with
addiction climb out of their struggles and embrace a new life of healthy
choices, practical tools and long-lasting sobriety.
BTCRO is much more than a treatment center. We are a place
where clients and staff work together as a community to assist our clients in
the goal of living a fulfilled and peaceful life without the need for mind or
mood-altering substances. We promote healthy, productive living for each client
we serve, striving to provide the foundation necessary to maintain sobriety
BTCRO is the only state-funded (HHSC) comprehensive
substance use disorder treatment program in a 120-mile radius of
Victoria. Individuals can qualify for state-funded treatment based on a
sliding fee scale. Our program is designed for individuals, male or female, 18
years and older who are seeking outpatient treatment for substance use
disorders. Pending a clinical assessment, outpatient services may be
recommended for individuals who do not require medically supervised
detoxification. BTCRO provides focused, evidence-based spiritual
treatment for substance use disorders, to adults living in Victoria and the
surrounding counties. We serve over 500 individuals per year and maintain
consistently strong program outcomes.
The mission of Billy T. Cattan Recovery Outreach is to rebuild lives impacted by alcohol and drug addiction through Christ-centered principles and evidence-based treatment; restoring health, hope, spirituality and relationships.
Our Core Values
- We believe that people with addictions matter to God and to us.
- We believe that addiction is a chronic destructive behavior that requires a physical, mental and spiritual solution.
- We believe that true recovery can happen with 12 Step principles in an environment of accountability and honesty.
- We believe that every person can find wholeness in God.
Our Treatment Team
- Daniel Barrientos - Executive Director; email: email@example.com
- Elma Saenz- Clinical Coordinator, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Counselor, LMSW, LCDC; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ester Morton- Office Manager; email: email@example.com
- Erma Barrientes- Receptionist; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Bassano - Substance Abuse Counselor, LCDC; email: email@example.com
- Mark Kelly - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Counselor, LPC, LCDC; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Moulton- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Counselor, LPC, LCDC-I; email: email@example.com
- Melissa Briseno- Substance Abuse Counselor, LCDC, LPC-Associate; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefanie Baxley- Substance Abuse Counselor Intern; email: email@example.com
Our Board of Directors
- Susan Cattan Rybak - President
- Robert W. Briggs - Vice-President
- JR Amaya - Treasurer
- Greg Spears - Secretary
- Charlie Boswell- Director
- Jim Cole- Director
- Kim Stanfield - Director
- Craig Housworth- Director
- Pam Jurica- Director
- Ryan Jaynes- Director