Helping Individuals Find Sobriety Since 2001
Billy T. Cattan Recovery Outreach, Inc., (BTCRO) provides focused, evidence-based and spiritual treatment for alcoholism and substance abuse disorders to adults living in Victoria and the surrounding counties. We serve over 500 clients per year and maintain consistently strong outcomes for recovery after treatment.
Our core philosophy is that people with addictions and their families matter to God and us. We believe that addiction is a destructive behavior that requires a physical, mental, evidence-based and spiritual solution. We provide a meaningful experience for each client every day of treatment, with the goal of providing systematic change in each client who experiences treatment.
We are proud to be a United Way of Victoria and Calhoun County agency. We have contracts with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, the Texas Department of State Health Services and the 24th Judicial Community and Supervisions Division to provide adult outpatient alcohol and substance abuse treatment.
The mission of Billy T. Cattan Recovery Outreach is to rebuild lives impacted by alcohol and drug addiction through Christ-Centered principles and Evidence-Based treatment; restoring health, hope, spirituality and relationships.
Our Core Values
- We believe that people with addictions matter to God and to us.
- We believe that addiction is a destructive behavior that requires a physical, mental and spiritual solution.
- We believe that true recovery can only happen based on Christ-centered principles and evidence-based practices in an environment of accountability and honesty.
- We believe that every person can find wholeness in God.
BTCRO was founded in November, 1999 by a group of caring physicians, pastors, and local community leaders to provide free of charge, faith based assistance for recovering alcoholics, drug addicts, and their families. BTCRO attained non-profit 501(c) 3 status in January, 2001 and was recognized as a faith based organization by the Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (TCADA) in March, 2001.
Our Ministry is named in loving memory of Billy T. Cattan, who knew first-hand about the disease of chemical addiction. Billy willingly entered a Phoenix, Arizona treatment facility in July 1989 to overcome this disease and the power it had over his life.
After treatment, Billy leaned heavily on the Lord to keep him from slipping back into addiction. He also relied strongly on an accountability group comprised of other individuals in recovery.
Billy loved God and he loved people. His Life reflected that Love. He gave generously of his time and talents to help others who struggled with addiction.
On February 15, 2002 our organization began providing intensive and supportive outpatient treatment to individuals from Victoria and the surrounding counties.
- Daniel Barrientos - Executive Director; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elma Saenz- Clinical Coordinator, LMSW, LCDC; email: email@example.com
- Stephanie Bassano - Counselor, LCDC; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Kelly - Counselor, LCDC; email: email@example.com
- Charlotte Powell- Admissions Coordinator, LPC; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Janak - Counselor Intern, LCDC-I; email: email@example.com
- Danielle Alex- Counselor Intern, LCDC-I/Special Events Coordinator; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramona Castillo- Administrative Assistant; email: email@example.com
Our Board of Directors
- JR Amaya - President
- Susan Rybak - Vice-President
- David Arnold - Treasurer
- Robert Briggs - Secretary
- Kevin Kalich - Director
- Chris Wall - Director
- Cody Shugart-Director
- Kelly Webb- Director
- Tarah Kuykendell Gonzales- Director
- Greg Spears- Director
- Terry Sizer- Director